Monday, September 21, 2009

KandiKreations Spreading Hoop love to NIcaragua July-August 09

In the Summer of 2009 Ingrid Schindall of KandiKreations went on a wonderful and eye opening journey to Nicaragua to practice the Art of Solidarity. I travelled well equipped with a KandiKreations Collapsible Hoop Nicaragua edition. After staying in Esteli for about 10 days the group taveled to a rural town in NorthWest Nicaragua called San Juan de Limay. We were greeted with open arms and on our first night we were lucky enough to meet the Mayor. He was so excited to meet us and eager to give the KK Hoop a try :)


After sitting in a bus for almost 4 hours I had to do a little bit of hooping myself.



Every night that we spent in Limay I would go out and teach the children how to hula hoop and they would always come up with new tricks and have a blast. We would all laugh and get a little silly while hooping in the middle of the dirt roads. On the last day of our stay we had an Inauguration for the Mural Project that we worked on for the 12 days of our stay. At the Inauguration the Participants were encouraged to perform any talents that they had to make the night something really special that the town would never forget. The principal of the local high school sang a beautiful song to us, a young muralist named Yubelka danced a traditional Nicaraguan dance and you guessed it, I took my last opportunity to perform with the Nica Hoop.I left the hoop with my homestay family so that the children could continue to play with it and learn new moves.




My experience in Nicaragua is one I will not soon forget, it changed the way that I look at the world around me. I can only hope to be blessed with more opportunities to spread the magic of hooping! This is in fact the main goal of the gypsy trip and by golly we are going to make it happen.
Spread the Love!
Kandi Kreations
<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment